I purchased the game from The Google Play Store but am told it isn't licensed
We use Google’s own licensing system for Profiteer. It usually works extremely well but there have been a few reports by people that it won’t let them play the game after they have purchased it. We have resolved these using the following suggestions
- Ensure your device is using the same account that was used to purchase the game
- Clear the Google Play Store data from your device which will cause it to download and perform all updates to the Google Play Store again. To do this, go into your device’s Settings; select Apps; select All; find and select Google Play Store; press the Clear Data button; restart your device. The process might be slightly different depending on your version of Android.
- Occasionally Google’s server is down and unable to respond. If this is the case the situation should resolve itself quite quickly.
- Check your connection by ensuring you are able to browse the internet.
- If the licensing is failing with WiFi, test it with a mobile connection if possible (and vice versa).
- Uninstall Profiteer, go to the settings for Google Play Store as before and press CLEAR DATA and CLEAR CACHE, restart your device and reinstall Profiteer.
- Check the date and time are correct on your device.
- Some versions of CyanogenMod 11 it may exhibit problems with responses to the licensing system.
- Are you running any firewall that may prevent communication with the Google server?
- If your device is rooted, are you running any apps or services that might be intercepting or blocking the response from Google’s license check server?
- Do you have Lucky Patcher installed as that is known to interfere with the license check?
Please contact us if you encounter this issue and are unable to resolve it.
Why does the Pig Trucker have such poor grammar?
Apart from the obvious fact that English isn’t a Pig Trucker’s native language, it also helps to condense the amount of text that the player needs to digest during the tutorial.
Why does the game sometimes crash when it's been in the background?
Sometimes Android will clear data in RAM if a game or app is in the background. This can cause Profiteer to crash when it comes back into the foreground. The game will always be automatically saved first so simply re-running the game will allow you to continue. This is a rare occurrence unless you are running an app that automatically purges memory.